Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why?

"As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth. "Rabbi," his disciples asked him, why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents' sins?" "It was not because of his sins or his parent sins," Jesus answered. "This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.  John9:1-3

We love to ask why, why this happened? Why this problem came to me? Why only me need to suffer this? Why so many temptation that I need to pass through. Sometimes, will be asking, what's wrong I had made? What's Sin I had done? Jesus answered that no one was to blame - God allowed it in order to teach us about faith and to glorify God through the man's healing (John 9:2-3)

When suffer from a disease, tragedy, or disability, try not to ask, "Why did this happen to me?" or, "what did I do wrong?" Instead, ask God to give us strength for the trial and a greater reliance on Him. 

No comments: