Monday, October 11, 2010

Devotion: True Love

The entire message of the Bible comes to a focus in John 3:16: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believe in him will not perish but have eternal life." 

As seen in Jesus' sacrifice, there is a big difference between his true love and what we call "love". While we reserve our love for special cases and special occasions, Jesus gives his love freely to ALL.While we love up to a point, Jesus loves to the point of self-sacrifice. 
Last Saturday after attended the discipleship class at church, I was chit chating with my teacher about my experience in  Cemerong waterfall and how I encounter God at that moment. Then we talking another topic to this and that books...But  i get a point from him. After reading a book, try to write out a REVIEW of the book. At that moment, u will know what u are reading. Waw, such an important message to me. 

"True Love" is what i have read today in my devotion time. I realized I only know to Love peoples that closed to me, nice to me and benefit for me, but i always forgot True Love come to the point of self-sacrifice. 

May be i need to sacrifice my time, my energy to a random people, but I believe God want me to learn for today lesson-True Love

No comments: